WHY we’re here:
The Family Tree Program addresses family conflict and everyday struggles while promoting strong families and youth resilience. We believe that parenting can be hard and everyone needs help from time to time, too. We also believe that being a young person has its challenges and can be difficult.
WHO do we serve?
- Youth ages 6-17
- Their caregivers
- Other family members connected to the youth such as a sibling, parent or caregiver
What’s the NEED?
Family Tree’s primary purpose is to serve youth and their families. We often provide guidance and support related to:
- Attention issues
- Communication and collaboration within a family
- Coping with Divorce and Abandonment
What does FAMILY TREE do?
We use trained professionals to support families and build on their strengths. Our staff is passionate about helping families, knowledgeable about children & youth, and ready to serve communities.
We offer counseling with a licensed professional and group-based learning for youth and parents at no cost to families.
What FAMILY TREE doesn’t do:
- Complex mental health or behavioral health treatment
- Long-term/multi-year intervention
- Focus only on crisis intervention/families in crisis
- Long-term service support
- Remove or place children
- Couples counseling
Other IMPORTANT THINGS to know:
- We may not be able to help every family who comes
through the door because of the complexity of a family’s
needs, or capacity and resource limitations.
- We mostly work with families, but in some cases we will serve the youth individually. This is because of a particular youth’s
needs or the level of engagement of the parent.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Free? Yes. Paid for by the State of Texas.
2. Is there an income limit to be eligible? No. All income levels are eligible.